RobloxHQ Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WARNING: THIS FORUM MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR LITTLE KIDS. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE A LITTLE KID, PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: ROBLOX HQ IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ROBLOX IN ANY WAY. NOTHING SAID HERE REFLECTS ON OR IS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE OFFICIAL ROBLOX WEBSITE AND COMPANY.
The Rule is just this - Don't be stupid. (More Rules)

#851 2010-10-03 2:18 AM

Gecko363
Forum Super Contributor

Re: Poochee and Pansy (THE TRUTH) (a.r.g.)

I have literally tried EVERY password I could think of, none of them work. but, what if we treat that that tessellation (second time!) as a chess board?

FEAR(game): an awesome phsycological horror game
FEAR(roblox): A group of idiots ran by the indeserving STHXX who will never just be effin perma'd

#852 2010-10-04 5:40 PM

AricLatios
Forum Super VIP
Website

I tried a password cracker, but it wouldn't let me use passwords above 4 characters. Damn damn damnnnnnnnn

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4766/douchesmall.gif
Stop spinning numpnuts

#853 2010-10-05 5:50 PM

Gecko363
Forum Super Contributor

We've already covered we wont use those. perhaps it has something to do with dolsts "the numbers I'm looking at now!" quote. What could it mean? the numbers of his subscriptions? the number of videos? I've tried to think of stuff, none of it works and some are just nonsense.
Wonder if our elite hunters have come up with a possibility.

Good luck fellow hunter.

FEAR(roblox): A group of idiots ran by the indeserving STHXX who will never just be effin perma'd

#854 2010-10-05 11:20 PM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

I think he means that he physically went to the place (the "chessboard"), moved from tile to tile ("square" to "square") using the chess moves he described, and then set the password based on numbers on a plaque or something on the final tile.

Basically, what tomatogoatee said.

#855 2010-10-07 8:16 PM

Gecko363
Forum Super Contributor

I propose that we each post our progress while we work, that way it is a more collaborative effort

I shall start:

I have tried a few basic moves on my chessboard, but according to my calculations, there are over 140 possible permutations as to where the bishops, rooks, and what not could be. it is quite the conundrum, and basically borderline impossible to find the correct one, that is not to say we should give up hope, however, as we could stumble upon it by accident

#856 2010-10-08 1:08 AM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

I think you are missing something, Gecko.

The idea is that we move around some real place (or wall or floor or something) and after each move we find one of the things he is describing. It shouldn't be hard one we find the board.

#857 2010-10-08 4:30 PM

Gecko363
Forum Super Contributor

remember that house hunter1 found? perhaps there is a tie-in to that (the kitchen floor or something). maybe we need to find the FIRST abandoned house (as seen in "Soon") or look somewhere in the area with the plaques.

#858 2010-10-08 11:48 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

I think it's pretty clear that someone needs to get to Buckroe Beach to figure this out. I like tomatogoatee's explanation as it makes the most sense to me.
Thanks again for making the trip, btw. We have GOT to be more than halfway done by now, right?
We were told we were halfway done at least a clue or two ago.

#859 2010-10-09 3:24 PM

Gecko363
Forum Super Contributor

the thing is... who is gonna travel now? TG deserves a rest after what he has found out, I sure as hell can't, as it would take 10 straight hours driving (I'd probably devour all the food I packed by then). an-

wait, does anyone here live in that locale? anyone have any friends who live near it? if not, we need to find someone who will go. Post-haste.

#860 2010-10-09 3:50 PM

Mrmac23
Forum Super Veteran
Website

I have no idea what we're talking about and i'm too scared to watch the video because i'm a wimpy little twat. >.<

sdfsffsfsfsfsfffsfsffsfssfsfsffsfsfsf

#861 2010-10-10 10:47 AM

Scouren
Over 9000

Mrmac23 wrote:

I have no idea what we're talking about and i'm too scared to watch the video because i'm a wimpy little twat. >.<

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post at all mkay? This is a verbal warning.

#862 2010-10-10 6:01 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey everyone. I dont know if this is relevant or not, but dolst just updated his deviantart page.

http://dolst.deviantart.com/

There's a bunch of Daisy stories. Part 1 and 2 were up before and they were there for a while but now he's put up 5 more. (also he deleted the bytecode but I dont guess we need it anymore).
Again, i don't know if they relate to the Hunt at all, but just in case... Anyway, now you know.

First off, there's more than one video. If you are talking about Poochee and Pansy, the first one is a screamer and the rest are just creepy. But I think you can safely forget about them, at least, for now.
The videos by gangadiddle (actually Nathan Israel, the Huntmaster) are kinda creepy but they just have messages (some in code) and they're mostly old right now.

The b3achwalka videos are not scary at all, but I think their contents have been documented here in this thread.
I have to ask though: Do you live in VA?

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post at all mkay? This is a verbal warning.

Aww, please don't be so harsh. I hope we didn't already scare him/her off with that. Some people have a harder time asking to participate than others.
Mrmac23, you're welcome to join the Hunt if you want.

#863 2010-10-11 3:12 AM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

paperwulf wrote:

[spoiler]Hey everyone. I dont know if this is relevant or not, but dolst just updated his deviantart page.

http://dolst.deviantart.com/

There's a bunch of Daisy stories. Part 1 and 2 were up before and they were there for a while but now he's put up 5 more. (also he deleted the bytecode but I dont guess we need it anymore).
Again, i don't know if they relate to the Hunt at all, but just in case... Anyway, now you know.

I read them all and it seems quite unlikely they could be related to the hunt. I checked out his page and there's pretty much nothing else on there. He commented on a profile or two and got a few comments but none have any obvious meaning and all are clearly IRL accounts. It's possible that at some point his favorite movie and such could become important, but I doubt it. There was also one person who commented on his stories who at least was associated with TDRL so it's possible she was or still is in the hunt (I mean, it's a pretty small overlap, Tails Doll and dolst), but that doesn't mean their comments are of any significance.

It also feels kind of weird trying to find every online signature dolst has left by name just in case it has a clue. Between Twitter and Youtube I could already practically map out his past few months . . .

By the way, guys: Somebody created a page on TV tropes about the hunt but nobody has started it yet. If anybody feels like they have spare time, maybe they could import some of the content from the wiki and proboards (although both are rather incomplete and outdated) or this thread. The page is here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … ngadiddle.

It's kind of a shame we lost the Tails Doll thread, because now I think this is literally the only forum still discussing the hunt, occasional /x/ threads excepted.

Last edited by Eebster (2010-10-11 3:17 AM)

#864 2010-10-11 5:56 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey, I put some content on that tvtropes page. I hope it stays up. :-/
I don't understand their "that's all there is to it" index stuff, and I have to go, so if anyone else wants to clean it up and fix the links and stuff, feel free. I did link to it from the "Gangadiddle is a well structured ARG" page tho. But it still says it needs to be indexed so... meh.

Edit: Hey, this just went up yesterday at s33k3rs' twitter:

The stream leads us to interesting planes. dolst approaches a trace of Yamaguchi. He will not like what he finds.

More to come?? Crossing my fingers!

Last edited by paperwulf (2010-10-20 12:31 PM)

#865 2010-10-21 7:38 PM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

So dolst has another video out.

It is . . . very short. Apparently he found DY's car full of bullet holes and has no idea where he is.

Well that's unfortunate.

#866 2010-10-21 8:48 PM

robogator
Forum User

I may be coming into this hunt late, but I have an idea of what the password and the solution to the chessboard is. It may want you to find the coordinates of the pieces after you move them, the translate that into your password using the gangadiddle code. This is just a speculation, if I'm wrong, I just wasted your time, if I'm right, hooray. It just seems to fit somehow.

You really have nothing better to do that you feel like looking at my signature?

#867 2010-10-28 11:06 AM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

Wow, some stuff has been going on since I dropped off the radar.

I just got an email saying the Michael Filters Gabriel blog was updated with a post from PF (Yamaguchi's alias?):

Code:

-. --- -
-.. . .- -.. .-.-.-
.... .. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.-

Which translates to "Not dead. Hiding." It sounds like David managed to get away from whatever happened to his car.

I'm tagged on almost all feeds to get an email when something is updated, but I guess I missed dolst's DA account. Now I'll have to go look through those stories and see if I can spot anything.

Ebster: What was the 'Tails Doll' thread you mentioned? When I saw that, my eyes instantly saw 'dolst' in those letters (leaving "I A L L" out)...

E:
Also, to Scouren, thank you! We finally have a mod here to prune the troll posts!

E2:
Just looking at dolst's DA account... His favorite movie is Iron Man 2? I... I don't know how to feel about that... I guess there's no accounting for taste.

E3:
I've been looking at the 'stories' on DA and I'm kinda on the fence about them relating to the Hunt. As I've mentioned before, I have a feeling that anything he posts with 'surf wisely' in his signature applies to the Hunt. With that, only three of the stories have that phrase in the comments; Episodes 2, 3 and 6. Also noticed: episode 2 was posted in '08 (well before the Hunt), SayameHyuuga's request to continue was posted in March this year and episodes 3-6 were all posted on October 8th. Why does this matter? Well, in the comment for episode 6, he says he wrote the story seven or eight years ago. I don't know if that applies to ALL the stories, but episode 7 was posted on the 10th. If they were all written around the same time, why wait two days to post the next part? For that matter, why wait seven months to post them at all?

One other tip that suggests these stories relate to the Hunt in some degree is the writing style. It's corny. I mean bad corny. Purposefully bad corny. Compared to the writing of the Poochee and Pansy videos, these are out of style for dolst. (To be perfectly honest, aside from the screamer-aspect of the P&P videos, the underlying story had some real merit.) Enough out of style to make me believe there's more to them than just some eight-year-old stories that dolst decided to post.

(OOG: I genuinely think these stories are another web-exclusive tangent dolst is creating to ignite interest in the Hunt like he did with the bytecodes. Until we get some kind of confirmation that they are meaningless, I'm going to analyze the stories and look for themes/patterns/etc. that might turn up a clue.)

E4:
First thing that jumped out at me (aside from the recurring theme of Daisy being a child vigilante wielding a "Magic AK-47 that Never Runs out of Ammo" [sic] in a war against monsters and pedophiles) was in episode 6. The 'IP address' that the stalker in the story was using is 256.29.13.94, which is not a valid IP address. (IP addresses cannot contain a number greater than 255, nor can it start with any number greater than 223.) Clue or poor writing? Still looking.

Last edited by tomatogoatee (2010-10-28 1:50 PM)

#868 2010-10-28 10:59 PM

Chaosky
Forum User

tomatogoatee wrote:

Eebster: What was the 'Tails Doll' thread you mentioned? When I saw that, my eyes instantly saw 'dolst' in those letters (leaving "I A L L" out)...

That's just the thread at "The Research Lab," which I'm actually in the process of updating. (Still, that's an interesting observation...)

Last edited by Chaosky (2010-10-28 11:08 PM)

#869 2010-10-30 3:21 PM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

Well, given G's latest tweet ("Flowers unrelated"), I think it's safe to say "Daisy's" stories are unrelated. Back to hibernation mode for me...

#870 2010-11-11 6:03 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

I already know the answer but... any news?
We get one message (allegedly) by DY and then nothing... Kinda disappointing.

#871 2010-11-12 11:14 AM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

Paperwulf: No news yet. No tweets, no youtube activity, no DA activity...

OOG: I haven't visited /x/ recently, but I don't know if a G thread would survive amongst the trolls. I haven't checked with unfiction lately, either. But the last time I checked them out, they didn't seem to care about any ARG unless there was a cash prize or some video game swag...

#872 2010-11-14 7:58 AM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

New s33k3rs tweet:

So Yamaguchi lives after all. He was clever to escape us. Not so clever to come out in the open.

What'd I miss? Are they referring to his last post on MFG?

E: OH HELLO!!! New post from PF on MFG. This must be what they're referring to. Translating now.

/,,/ /,,,, ,,/// ///// ////, ///,, ,,,,/ ////,

E2: -..- -.... ..--- ----- ----. ---.. ....- ----. translates to X6209849

Maybe that's a password to something? Stumped.....

E3: Well, it's not the password to CharlottesWeb, that's for sure.

E4:      J A C K P O T ! ! !

tomatogoatee, you mentioned /x/ and I just had an epiffany. I decided to see if a thread of that number existed on /x/.... aaaaaand.......

http://boards.4chan.org/x/res/6209849

Don't know how long this will live, but it looks like it's been alive since yesterday, a minor miracle on 4chan!

PFakaDY !!A+7lWYMDxs0 11/13/10(Sat)23:07 No.6209849 

Hunters, take note. s33k3r data enclosed.

Looks like this is the "out in the open" the s33k3rs referenced. Indeed, the next post is:

s33k3r 11/13/10(Sat)23:17 No.6209954

Hello, David.

You made a mistake posting this here. We suspected you survived.
    You just confirmed it.

Anyway, here's the pic in case the thread dies before anyone sees it.:

http://depositfiles.com/files/r7se6gvz3

It's only 16k, which makes me think there's no embedded rars or anything (unless they're tiny) but the post did say s33k3r data enclosed.
The picture is blurry, and it's of a notebook page with stuff about energy vectors and stuff.

OOG: Seriously hoping this isn't a gamejacker.

E5: The /x/ thread 404'd some time between yesterday and this morning. Haven't had time to look at the pic. It says something about energy vectors but it's really blurry. Don't have time to check it this morning either. Maybe when I get back home I'll see what I can find.

Last edited by paperwulf (2010-11-15 7:27 AM)

#873 2010-11-15 10:59 AM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

Thank you, wulf! I was out of town all weekend and, even though I got the email about the update to MFG on my phone, I wasn't able to DO anything until today.

Damn shame I missed the thread. Wish I could have seen it. I'm taking a look at that picture now. Ugh, I hate shaky-cam photos... Gives me a headache...

E:
Exif (and other) data for the image:
+ Show Spoiler  +

I've also been trying to 'de-blur' the image to try to read what it says. I can only make out the parts closest to the camera, being the 'Vector Paths' pointing to the stars and lines. There's also the "...energy... Opened b[y] itself..." Not sure what it means. Still trying to clean up the image some... Hopefully there's another clue.

E2:
I'm afraid I've not had much luck cleaning up the image. The blur is just too much for my editing abilities. My wife is a bit more adept at Photoshop than myself, so I'll ask her to take a stab at it this evening. I'm assuming stars have something to do with the 'Vector Paths.' (I believe the word above 'energy' is 'stars'. Also, the stars on the graph and in the circle the arrow points to.)

Last edited by tomatogoatee (2010-11-15 1:26 PM)

#874 2010-11-15 5:45 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey tg,

Just got on. Thanks for looking at the image. I was looking at the info, and I noticed the Exif data:

exif:DateTime: bitlyx3cpwiHBaKoLw
exif:DateTimeOriginal: hazIZaI

I don't think those look like normal date/time entries. I bet there's something encoded there.  Oh! I'm gonna try opening the rar with them!
Nope.... didn't work. :-( Tried them separately and together. Still, it's out of place enough that it must be a code. Either that or the data just got corrupted. :-6

#875 2010-11-16 11:21 AM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

paperwulf:
No, those aren't normal exif date/time entries. The first one (bitlyx3cpwiHBaKoLw) looks familiar, for some reason. (The "bitly" part just strikes me. Like it's something I've seen before on a website somewhere.) The second one looks like it might be a password to something, but as you're already aware, the image doesn't contain a zip or rar embedded. (I've 'split' the file to as small as 10-byte chunks looking for rar or zip file headers and couldn't find anything.)

Of course, those data fields might have just gotten corrupted when the image was resized. (The exif says the original size was 1200x1600.) It is weird, though, that IF it is corruption, that just those two fields were affected. (OOG: Or they were purposely 'garbaged' so we wouldn't know when the photo was taken.)

Board footer