RobloxHQ Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

WARNING: THIS FORUM MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR LITTLE KIDS. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE A LITTLE KID, PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: ROBLOX HQ IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ROBLOX IN ANY WAY. NOTHING SAID HERE REFLECTS ON OR IS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE OFFICIAL ROBLOX WEBSITE AND COMPANY.
The Rule is just this - Don't be stupid. (More Rules)

#876 2010-11-16 2:06 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Re: Poochee and Pansy (THE TRUTH) (a.r.g.)

I just googled bitly and got bit.ly. I know where I've seen that before! Twitter! It's a URL shortener!
Unfortunately, http://bit.ly/x3cpwiHBaKoLw, http://bit.ly/x3cpwiHBaKoLwhazIZaI, and http://bit.ly/hazIZaI are all dead ends. Maybe there's more to it... Unfortunately only a few minutes online today. Wish I could do more. :-/

#877 2010-11-16 4:10 PM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

I knew it was familiar. bit.ly URLs are six characters long. With a little trial-and-error, I found the URL:
http://bit.ly/cpwiHB
Which leads to a MU site:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8SF38IG

The prize is a notes.rar which, as one would expect, is password protected.

Sadly, hazIZaI is not the password. I'm trying different arrangements of the letters to find a password. (Logic would dictate that 'cpwiHB' isn't in the password, as the uploader would have no idea what bit.ly address would be assigned to the link.)

E:
Haw! Man, I'm getting slow. The 'x3' means there's three bit.ly links. The one above and these two:
http://bit.ly/aKoLwh
http://bit.ly/azIZaI

The bottom two link to the following two IS images:
+ Show Spoiler  +

No embedded rar/zip files in either image as far as I could find.
I'm going to start putting all my edits behind spoilers.

Password to RAR:
+ Show Spoiler  +

Contents of RAR:
+ Show Spoiler  +
Also, we should probably keep DY's tripcode on record, just in case he uses /x/ as a medium again.

Last edited by tomatogoatee (2010-11-16 5:05 PM)

#878 2010-11-17 5:56 PM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

Wow, looks like I missed a ton of stuff. That was a good catch in the EXIF, looks like DY keeps trying new things.

Also, we should probably keep DY's tripcode on record, just in case he uses /x/ as a medium again.

Absolutely. Unfortunately, it's a secure trip, so there's basically no way we can figure out what his password is (good because it prevents gamejackers, bad because it means it's not a clue).

#879 2010-11-17 6:06 PM

tomatogoatee
Forum User

Eebster wrote:

Absolutely. Unfortunately, it's a secure trip, so there's basically no way we can figure out what his password is (good because it prevents gamejackers, bad because it means it's not a clue).

We don't need the password. I hope nobody finds the password. ;) We just need the code.

#880 2010-11-19 12:01 AM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

HAHAHAHAAH

So I was googling for gangadiddle just to see what was out there and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoANIyv4Op8

I am fairly confident that this is NOT a clue, is NOT part of the hunt, and is nothing more than a poop. But I had to share.
It's called "spongebob poochee and pansy style"
It's a mix of the Rudolfo video and spongebob.
It's kinda a wtf moment.
Okay, I'm going to bed now.

#881 2010-11-19 11:16 AM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

paperwulf wrote:

HAHAHAHAAH

So I was googling for gangadiddle just to see what was out there and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoANIyv4Op8

I am fairly confident that this is NOT a clue, is NOT part of the hunt, and is nothing more than a poop. But I had to share.
It's called "spongebob poochee and pansy style"
It's a mix of the Rudolfo video and spongebob.
It's kinda a wtf moment.
Okay, I'm going to bed now.

That link just made me crack up in the middle of class.

I have to watch this as soon as possible. I'm sure Spongebob contains invaluable clues ;).

#882 2010-12-08 4:11 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey, watch out for that tumbleweed!

Nothing happening lately huh?

Just checking in to see if I've missed anything. Guess not.
DY's photos weren't much help. Oh well.

#883 2010-12-15 9:08 PM

Milez
Forum Fanatic
Website

“yamaguchi hates getting shot“

No shit.

Edit: Yamaguchi was the last name of the person who designed Tails.

Last edited by Milez (2010-12-16 4:41 PM)

#884 2010-12-17 11:36 AM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

Milez wrote:

Well Yamaguchi is a somewhat common name, but I can't imagine this was a coincidence. Can you give me a link to confirm it?

#885 2010-12-17 11:53 AM

Milez
Forum Fanatic
Website

Eebster wrote:

Milez wrote:

Well Yamaguchi is a somewhat common name, but I can't imagine this was a coincidence. Can you give me a link to confirm it?

This phone can’t copy and paste, check “Miles Tails Prower“ on Wikipedia, you should be able to find it.

Edit: His full name is Yasushi Yamaguchi. Says so under the picture. Check his article and see if Yamaguchi was ever shot.

Last edited by Milez (2010-12-17 11:58 AM)

#886 2010-12-29 8:57 AM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey everyone.... dolst has some new tweets. And I'm not exactly sure what to make of them. Here's his last five:

# #iwonder Do you call a male ballerina a ballerino? Surf Wisely. 6:31 PM Dec 27th via web

# dolst.com is on its way back up! Booyah! Surf Wisely. 8:04 AM Dec 27th via web

# Merry Christmas, everyone. I just caught some snow on my tongue. :-) Take a minute to remember why we have Christmas. Surf Wisely. 11:40 AM Dec 25th via web

# Charlie Brown theme now stuck in my head. Thanks, Weather Channel. Surf Wisely. 9:41 AM Dec 16th via web

# http://taintedreality.ocnk.biz/ BUY TAKUYA'S CDs!!! Also, I totally pwned http://mechabiozoid.com for Tainted Reality!! 6:45 PM Nov 19th via web

First off, dolst.com on its way back up? A quick check, and it looks like dolst family entertainment is now on dolst.com. I checked dolst.9k.com and it said this:

dolst.com is on a new server, and all dfe resources are located there now.
(Original dfe resources will continue to be located here at dolst.9k.com in the event of catastrophic failure. Surf Wisely.)

I added gangadiddle to the end of the URL and it looks like that directory is still there. I tried dolst.com/gangadiddle and got the same thing. So it looks like he hasn't completely abandoned The Hunt.

Now, you may have noticed that tweet from November about Tainted Reality. The link refers to an online store that looks like they are selling Japanese music. I don't know if they sell dolst's music, but I tend to doubt it. Maybe it's Yamaguchi-related? But I'm speculating wildly here. It may be a red herring (or akanishin in Japanese lol) but I'll look into it some more.
Now, the most interesting part of that tweet was about "pwning" mechabiozoid.com for Tainted Reality. Normally, when one "pwns" or "owns" a website, it means they have hacked it. In this case, I think dolst may literally mean he actually owns it! Why would I say that?
I refer you now to Exhibit C, the copyright colophon on dolst.com:

All content ©1977-2010 dolst family entertainment, dolst.com and Mechabiozoid Industries.

Hello! What's this? 1977? May be significant (password for an existing or future rar maybe?) but I'm sure you've already seen what I am dramatically leading up to: Mechabiozoid Industries!

On the site, that text is a link to... yep, mechabiozoid.com!
So, did dolst purchase mechabiozoid.com for Tainted Reality? If so, what connection might they have? There's nothing but a logo and background graphics at mechabiozoid.com right now, and it looks kind of goth-ish, sort of like Tainted Reality's logo (but not exactly). And why would dolst.com's copyright info include Mechabiozoid Industries?

It's making my head hurt, but at least it's a new development.

Also I just googled dolst 1977 and got a hit here:

http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/jp/Dol … 52851.html

A Japanese patent from 1977 for a solar-powere heat pump or some such thing made by Matsushita (I think they make DVD drives now).
All very interesting, but nothing that gets us any closer to solving the next clue in the Hunt or any info about the s33k3rs. Guess we'll have to stay tuned.

E: Something else to note about dolst.com:

Welcome to dolst family entertainment™

We will be improving our site, come 2011.
You can also expect the return of the original dolst.com
blog that was eliminated due to the controversy of 2008.

Um, "controversy of 2008"? That sounds juicy.

Also, mechabiozoid.com says it will open in 2011.

Last edited by paperwulf (2010-12-29 9:24 AM)

#887 2010-12-31 12:14 PM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

Wasn't all the dolst controversy stuff in 2009, though? I don't get.

E1: So it looks like dolst is updating his deviantart again? I'm not sure about that, and I still doubt there's anything ingame there, but it's worth a mention.

E2: OK, something is happening now. 15 hours ago, the seekers tweeted:

Our path intersects your plane once again. Prepare for a swift end to all of this. The Gangadiddle's energy is like a beacon to us.

Separately, dolst has been tweeting a lot about the recent Arizona shooting and other stuff. All the tweets look OOG except this one from eight hours ago:

,rvjsnopxpof/vp,Sf,om

I have no idea what this means, but surely it must be some code.

Last edited by Eebster (2011-01-09 2:31 AM)

#888 2011-01-13 10:13 AM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

Hey all. Caught me snoozing again! Understandable though, considering how little activity there has been lately. Still, after that last update, I should've been watching more carefully. My bad.

Eebster wrote:

Wasn't all the dolst controversy stuff in 2009, though? I don't get.

If, by "controversy", you mean the takeover of dfe, and the Gangadiddle possessing him and stuff, I think that was 2010. Poochee and Pansy was 2009 but I don't remember when it all started. Maybe I'll have a look at back posts here. Maybe something happened in 2008 that we're not aware of. Also, it might be intentionally wrong as a clue. Hmmmmm...

Eebster wrote:

E1: So it looks like dolst is updating his deviantart again? I'm not sure about that, and I still doubt there's anything ingame there, but it's worth a mention.

Yeah, he's been posting that Daisy story. It's like a trainwreck. When I start reading it I can't tear my eyes away. Tomatogoatee's assessment of it as really bad is pretty accurate. But I like to classify it under the "so bad it's good" category, like Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Our path intersects your plane once again. Prepare for a swift end to all of this. The Gangadiddle's energy is like a beacon to us.

Well that can't be good. :-/

Eebster wrote:

Separately, dolst has been tweeting a lot about the recent Arizona shooting and other stuff. All the tweets look OOG except this one from eight hours ago:

I'm sure that's OOG. I'm not going to touch the man's politics. He hasn't said anything to piss me off yet, but I haven't really been looking too hard either. I'm just concerned with the Hunt.

,rvjsnopxpof/vp,Sf,om

I have a theory about that. I'll edit once I determine whether I'm right.

#889 2011-01-13 10:20 AM

Milez
Forum Fanatic
Website

look on taintedreality and see if sonic 2’s soundtrack is there

that was the game tails debuted in

#890 2011-01-13 12:07 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

,rvjsnopxpof/vp,Sf,om

Keyboard shift trick! You look at each character and then type the key that is to the left of it on the keyboard.
The S is capital, so a slash is to the left of the right shift key. (and nothing is to the left of the left shift key so, process of elimination...)
Doing that gives us:

mechabiozoid.com/admin

Go there and find a login page!

Authorized Users Only!

His tweet before that one makes sense now:

MBZ admin login system in the works. Still need to fix that annoying little issue. Surf Wisely.

"Annoying little issue"? I think maybe we're supposed to log in as site admin, though that makes me kinda nervous.
Don't want to break anything and/or face criminal charges. :-(

So, I guess it's time to get to work on figuring out the username and password. I'll have a look tomorrow.
Don't want to try that on work comp. :-/

Edit: Well, no luck on user/pass combos. I went thru a proxy which slowed things down a bit, but I tried every combo I could think of:
admin, password, dolst, gangadiddle, 1977, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, nathan, israel, s33kers, hunt and more in many combinations with different capitalizations.
No luck so far. Methinks brute force is not the way to do this.
Maybe he'll tweet something else that will help us. Til then.... ::shrug::

E2:

Milez wrote:

look on taintedreality and see if sonic 2’s soundtrack is there

that was the game tails debuted in

Just checked http://taintedreality.ocnk.biz/ and it looks like just Gothic type Japanese music. That is if all the black and skulls and such are any indication.
Did a search for sonic but nothing came up. I don't think they carry videogame soundtracks. Sorry. :-(

Last edited by paperwulf (2011-01-14 12:02 PM)

#891 2011-01-16 6:05 AM

Eebster
Forum Contributor

It seems like the user/pass should be somewhere in the Notes (see tomato's last post), but I can't find anything useful in there. Maybe "Ganbare," but that doesn't seem to help.

Maybe somebody check the EXIFs? I don't really have time.

Last edited by Eebster (2011-01-16 6:08 AM)

#892 2011-01-16 10:53 AM

badgraphix1
Forum Super VIP
Website

Does this thread really still exist?

#893 2011-01-18 2:30 PM

paperwulf
Forum Super Contributor

badgraphix1 wrote:

Does this thread really still exist?

Yep. Still here. Still taking up bandwidth. ;-)

Seriously though, the Hunt is not over. The Gangadiddle has not yet been found (unless the s33k3rs got it, in which case we better hang onto our butts!) so this thread still remains, since it has become the central hub of activity for the Hunt. (Unless there's another group of Hunters we're not aware of.)

Of course, there is still http://gangadiddle.proboards.com which I haven't added anything to in awhile, though the latest few updates may be appropriate to put there.

So, yeah. This thread really does still exist.

I hope it continues to until either we find the Gangadiddle or the world ends because we didn't.

#894 2011-01-19 1:34 PM

TheGoomba565
Forum Gosen
Website

im not completely understanding this:
an ms paint cartoon intended for children was being used to tell us about an evil that will destroy us all via Gangadiddle and now we must look for it before the s33k3rs find it?

normally I'd say that this is all superstiscous baloney but this all seems way too odd...

□◎☆ "Loli-tastic" ☆◎□ 
http://randomization.codingandshit.com/view/2243/.gifhttp://internetometer.com/imagesmall/8750.png

"Today ain't your day, PANCAKES" ~Scout | aiming for this = http://forums.robloxhq.com/img/badges/newbie_nice.png | Nanami Madobe is awesome (thanks firefly)

#895 2011-01-19 5:51 PM

ubercool
Forum VIP

TheGoomba565 wrote:

an ms paint cartoon intended for children was being used to tell us about an evil that will destroy us all via Gangadiddle and now we must look for it before the s33k3rs find it?

normally I'd say that this is all superstiscous baloney but this all seems way too odd...

its called an ARG
Alternate Reality Game
its all fake and everyone knows it is

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cofosw.png

#896 2011-01-19 6:02 PM

Phoenixflame
Forum Super VIP

ubercool wrote:

TheGoomba565 wrote:

its called an ARG
Alternate Reality Game

wait so they're making up all the information?

this sounds like fun

Last edited by Phoenixflame (2011-01-19 6:02 PM)

codex

#897 2011-01-19 6:09 PM

ubercool
Forum VIP

Phoenixflame wrote:

ubercool wrote:

TheGoomba565 wrote:

its called an ARG
Alternate Reality Game

wait so they're making up all the information?

this sounds like fun

well, the "players" arent making it up
some dude is posting this shit and people are stalking him trying to "uncover the truth"
im honestly not even paying attention but i know what an arg is

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cofosw.png

#898 2011-01-19 8:42 PM

Scouren
Over 9000

Christ you guys that was pointless and stupid, should I ban/warn you for this bad behavior?

#899 2011-01-19 8:47 PM

Milez
Forum Fanatic
Website

Scouren wrote:

Christ you guys that was pointless and stupid, should I ban/warn you for this bad behavior?

i dont know

that car one was good though

#900 2011-01-19 8:54 PM

Phoenixflame
Forum Super VIP

I SPENT FUCKING AGES ON THAT

codex

Board footer